Historic Hotels of Europe is a hotel chain with a collection of boutique hotels across Europe, each with some sort of historical significance. Among the hotels are everything from historical buildings in urban environments to castles and mansions.
The hotel chain was created in 1997 with the goal of showcasing the unique cultural heritage of Europe. In Great Britain, the chain is represented by Ireland’s Blue Book in Ireland, and Welsh Rarebits in Wales.
During 2015, the hotel chain will expand with 20 new hotels around Europe. Historic Hotels of Europe will then have over 500 hotels in its portfolio. The new hotels will be located in France, Austria, Norway, Ireland, Switzerland, Wales and Greece.
The new members are:
● Festningen Restaurant, Oslo, Norway
● Ghan House, Carlingford, Ireland
● Restaurant Forty-One, Dublin, Ireland
● Campagne Restaurant, Kilkenny, Ireland
● Sea View House, County Sligo, Ireland
● Thermenvilla Gutenbrunn, Baden, Austria
● Hotel Post, Saalbach, Austria
● Türmlihus B & B, Fideris, Switzerland
● The Hôtel de l’Ours Bellelay, Bellelay, Switzerland
● Château de Noyelles, Somme Bay, France
● Chateau de Varenne, Sauveterre, France
● Domaine de Mombreux, North Picardy Champagne, France
● Castel Damandre, Jura, France
● Hostellerie de la Tour d’Auxois, Saulieu, France
● Hotel Edward 1er, Monpazier, France
● The Marpessa Smart Luxury Hotel, Agrinio City, Greece
● Cotommatae, Hydra Island, Greece
● The Corran Resort & Spa, Laugharne, Carmarthenshire, Wales
● Penally Abbey, Penally, Pembrokeshire, Wales
● Caemorgan Mansion, Cardigan, Wales