British Airways has announced that its new restaurant-style dining experience for its Club World (Business Class) passengers will launch on flights between Heathrow and New York JFK on September 1. It is the first tranche of the airline’s £400 million investment in Club World.
Travellers will be able to select their choice of freshly prepared starters and desserts from new display trolleys, which will be served by the crew on to new table settings. BA said the aim is to deliver “a real restaurant experience in the sky”.
The menu features:
- – Loch Fyne smoked salmon tartare with wasabi crème fraîche
- – Burrata and tomato carpaccio with olive oil and balsamic dressing
- – Creamy butternut squash soup with chive and sour cream
- – Fresh seasonal salad, grilled vegetables and a choice of French dressing or olive oil and balsamic dressing
- – Best of Heritage beef homemade gnocchi in Café de Paris sauce and pan-fried green asparagus
- – Line-caught grilled Cornish Dover sole with Mediterranean lentils, celeriac mousseline and lemon butter
- – Homemade artichoke ravioli Parmesan
- – DO & CO‘s double chocolate medley
- – Lemon tart
- – Viennese-style apple strudel with vanilla sauce
- – Fresh strawberries
- – Cheese board with Somerset brie, Keen’s cheddar, Cropwell Bishop stilton, walnuts, grapes and fig chutney
The wine selection will feature white wines and Champagnes presented on top of the trolleys in large, silver wine coolers, while regiments of red wine bottles stand alongside them.
The wine menu includes a Bourgogne Chardonnay 2016, Patriarche Père et Fils from Burgundy, a Tiki Sauvignon Blanc 2016 from Marlborough, a Las Olas Malbec/Bonarda Reserve 2014 from the Famatina Valley in Argentina and a Reata Three County Pinot Noir 2013 from California.
The champagne options are Champagne Henriot Brut Souverain NV, Champagne de Castelnau Brut Réserve NV and Champagne de Castelnau Brut Rosé NV.
The second phase of the investment will begin in autumn when new bedding will be introduced in partnership with The White Company.
The iconic British retailer will supply bedding including an elegant day cushion, a bespoke, luxuriously soft large pillow, a super-soft woven blanket with satin trim and a specially developed luxury duvet, as well as new amenity kits.
The revamped Club World catering and sleep experience will be rolled out across the airline’s long-haul network throughout 2018.