As Tokyo prepares to host the 2020 Summer Olympics, one of the city’s best hotels is getting into the spirit by offering a unique stay & spa package that includes swimming with an Olympian and a private meditation session with a Buddhist monk.
Affording guests the opportunity to refresh both body and mind, the Energizing Tokyo package will provide a complete wellness getaway at the five-star Palace Hotel Tokyo.
It includes two nights of accommodation in a Deluxe-with-Balcony Room or Executive Suite, daily breakfast at either the hotel’s impressive Grand Kitchen restaurant or in-room, and the choice of one 90-minute experience at Japan’s only Evian SPA.
For an additional charge, guests can add their choice of physical or meditative pursuits from an array of bespoke activities, including:
– A private two-hour swimming session with former Japanese Olympic swimmer and Asian Games medalist Hanae Ito in the hotel’s indoor pool.
- – A private three-hour biking excursion led by Tokyo Great Cycling Tour, with the option to request a custom route based on neighbourhoods of interest and desired endurance level.
- – A private three-hour jog around the city guided by Tokyo Great Running Tour which can be personalized based on areas of interest and preferred fitness level.
- – A private two-hour kayaking outing hosted by Tokyo Great Kayaking Tour and tailored based on experience level and which parts of the city guests would like to explore by water.
- – A private 60-minute Aqua Relaxation Experience in the hotel’s pool, a therapy which uses water for resistance for a workout that combines gentle stretching with more active movements, helping to improve strength and flexibility while also achieving deep relaxation.
- – Two hours of private Zen meditation with the head monk of a 400-year-old Buddhist temple.
- – A private two-hour Japanese tea ceremony experience at a heritage home conducted by one of Japan’s legendary tea housemasters – who is now over 90 years old.
- – A private two-hour introduction to shodō, the art of Japanese calligraphy, by a highly decorated shodō artist.
The Energizing Tokyo package is available from JPY 172,000 (£1,154) for a Deluxe with Balcony Room (based on single occupancy).