Delta Air Lines will offer improved cabin experiences for customers starting this fall through the launch of its new business class seat offering more comfort and privacy, plus the expansion of its international premium economy cabin, Delta Premium Select to new markets in Europe and South America.
The new cabins will be fitted on the 767-400 fleet and bring all four branded seat products – Delta One, Delta Premium Select, Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin – to this aircraft for the first time. The aircraft have initially been scheduled on select flights between Atlanta and London Heathrow starting November 12, 2019, followed by a number of additional European and South American markets. Select flights to London, Zurich and Brussels on this aircraft will be available for purchase starting this weekend with additional markets for sale in the coming weeks.
Here is a full overview of the markets the new 767-400 aircraft will fly:
|Route (airport code)||Effective Dates|
|Atlanta (ATL) – London Heathrow (LHR)||Nov. 12|
|New York-JFK (JFK) – London Heathrow (LHR)||Nov. 16|
|Boston (BOS) – London Heathrow (LHR)||Nov. 20|
|New York-JFK (JFK) – Zurich (ZRH)||Dec. 8|
|New York-JFK (JFK) – Brussels (BRU)||Jan. 30|
|Atlanta (ATL) – Brussels (BRU)||Feb. 22|
|New York-JFK (JFK) – São Paulo (GRU)||2Q 2020|
|Detroit (DTW) – London Heathrow (LHR)||2Q 2020|
|Minneapolis (MSP) – London Heathrow (LHR)||2Q 2020|
|Portland (PDX) – London Heathrow (LHR)||2Q 2020|
|Atlanta (ATL) – Munich (MUC)||2Q 2020|
|New York-JFK (JFK) – Nice||2Q 2020|
|Atlanta (ATL) – Zurich (ZRH)||2Q 2020|
|Atlanta (ATL) – Buenos Aires (EZE)||2Q 2020|
Delta is investing millions of dollars in its widebody long-haul fleet to give customers greater choice when they travel. The 767-400 refit follows the introduction of the Delta One suite and Delta Premium Select on its Airbus A330-900neo, Airbus A350-900 and Boeing 777-200 aircraft.
Here are some more details on Delta’s new cabins:
- The cabin will feature a new seat customized for this aircraft, which offers extra privacy through high sides and a divider between the two middle seats in the 1-2-1 configuration. There will be 34 seats in total.
- The memory foam-cushion seats will also feature personal stowage areas, customizable ambient lighting and 18″ wide, high-resolution in-flight entertainment screens.
- New self-service area for customers to enjoy snacks and beverages at their leisure throughout the flight.
Delta Premium Select
- Delta’s premium economy cabin, Delta Premium Select, will have 20 seats in a 2x2x2 configuration.
- It is a separate cabin between Delta One and Main Cabin, offering customers dedicated service, plated meals on Alessi serviceware, TUMI branded amenity kits, and LSTN noise-canceling headsets.
- Seats, with memory foam cushions, will be 19″ wide with up to 38″ pitch and 7″ recline. The seats will also feature an adjustable leg rest and footrest, along with a larger IFE 13.3″ screen.